To provide technical directions for the development of primary health care in Nigeria.
To make PHC services available to all in Nigeria.
To provide technical and programmatic support to states, LGAs, and other stakeholders in the functioning, planning, implementation, supervision and monitoring of PHC services in Nigeria
- Providing support to the National Health Policy for the development of Primary Health Care.
- Providing technical support for planning, management and implementation of Primary Health Care.
- Mobilizing resources nationally and internationally for the development of Primary Health Care.
- Providing support for monitoring and evaluation of the National Health Policy.
- Promoting health manpower development needed for Primary Health Care through orientation and continuing education.
- Providing support to the Village Health System by training Village Health Workers.
- Promoting Health System Research by promoting and supporting problem-oriented health system research.
- Promoting technical collaboration by stimulating Universities, NGOs and International Agencies.
- Providing annual reports on the status of Primary Health Care implementation nationwide.