What we do
In pursuance of this overall mission, the Agency has seven corporate goals namely:
- Control Preventable Diseases: Eradicate polio, and limit the occurrence and impact of diseases using education, immunization and other proven interventions.
- Improve access to Basic Health Services: Make basic health services available by ensuring communities have access to health facilities, services and basic health insurance.
- Improve quality of care: Ensure basic health services are people-oriented and delivered according to established quality standards and protocols.
- Strengthen the institution: Strengthen Zonal structures, State representation, internal communications, monitoring and evaluation, procurement and the financial management system.
- Develop high-performing health workforce: Organize systems and structures to deliver effective support services through, for example, PHC guidelines, norms and enabling acts for states and LGAs
- Strengthen partnerships: Mobilize and coordinate stakeholders such as Ministries, Departments and Agencies and development partners to support the implementation of PHC.
- Strengthen community engagement: Promote community participation, ownership and responsibility for health through Ward Development Committees and communication and programmes.