who we are
The National Primary Health Care Development Agency (NPHCDA), is a parastatal of Nigeria’s Federal Ministry of Health with the mandate to:
- Providing support to the National Health Policy for the development of Primary Health Care.
- Providing technical support for planning, management and implementation of Primary Health Care.
- Mobilizing resources nationally and internationally for the development of Primary Health Care.
- Providing support for monitoring and evaluation of the National Health Policy.
- Promoting health manpower development needed for Primary Health Care through orientation and continuing education.
- Providing support to the Village Health System by training Village Health Workers.
- Promoting Health System Research by promoting and supporting problem-oriented health system research.
- Promoting technical collaboration by stimulating Universities, NGOs and International Agencies.
- Providing annual reports on the status of Primary Health Care implementation nationwide.
NPHCDA’s statement of purpose rightly captures the preferred future as “making Nigerians healthy”.