DEPARTMENT OF SPECIAL DUTIES
The Department of Special Duties was created by the Office of the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation (OHCSF) vide Circular Ref. No. HCSF/CMO/EM/243/17. This is in line with the efforts of the Office of the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation to restructure and reform the Public/Civil Service for greater efficiency and accountability.
The department is responsible for the day to day administration and coordination of all ED activities, including assuming primary responsibility for organizing and coordinating the workflow, overseeing and managing his work programmes.
The department is saddled with the following functions and responsibilities:
- Assist the Executive Director to provide line supervision and general management to all staff of the Chief Executive;
- Execute assigned projects for the Executive Director;
- Manage assigned direct reporting units on behalf of the Executive Director e.g. Legal, Procurement, Public Relations and Zonal Coordination;
- Assist the Executive Director, as required, to formulate and articulate his/her leadership agenda for the Agency;
- Provide support in times of leadership transition in the Agency;
- Manage high-level stakeholder access to the Executive Director;
- Provide secretariat services to high-level meetings of the Executive Director;
- Help the Executive Director manage his/her schedule to ensure that his/her activities follow espoused priorities;
- Coordinate the Executive Director response to emergencies;
- Schedule all staff meetings and briefings involving the Executive Director;
- Coordinate the daily briefing sessions of the Executive Director’s official schedule;
- Represent the Executive Director in certain functions;
- Monitor and Supervise all constituency projects;
- Liaise with National Assembly.
The Department is currently structured into three (3) divisions namely:
Travel and Protocol: Responsible for the travel requirement of Executive Director and staff in general.
- To organize high level stakeholders access to the Executive Director
- Attending to travel requirement of staff
- Management of ED's schedule so that his activities will follow espoused priorities
- Scheduling of meetings and briefing involving the Executive Director
- To coordinate the daily briefing sessions of the Executive Director
Anti-Corruption and Transparency: To develop Strategic objectives and priorities the Agency agenda are consistent with National development Agenda
- Collaborates with other departments in monitoring, supervision and evaluation of constituency projects.
- Monitor compliance to NPHCDA strategic/sectional goals, objectives and priorities to ensure that they are consistent with National Development Agenda
- Ensures that evaluation and effectiveness of programmes/projects are conducted
- Ensures that impact assessment of projects are done and documented
- Collaborates and facilitate meetings relating to project programme implementation
Stock Verification: To conduct stock check, surveys and taking inventory of all materials & equipment procure by the Agency
- Carrying out spot checks of plants, vehicles and equipment where they are located including verification of ledger
- Conducting stock surveys of stores procured through local purchase orders or by contracts
- Compiling of stock verification findings showing lists of stores found surplus, deficient, obsolete and unserviceable
- Verifying tenders documents, contracts agreements and local purchase orders.